Rocky 8″ Fort Hood Waterproof Boot
If you’re in search of a lightweight but rugged boot, one of the companies you’re likely to come across is Rocky. Rocky has been around a long time and has earned a reputation for quality. I run a small ranch and also spend a lot of time hiking in the mountains. These versatile Rocky Fort Hood boots are almost perfect for me. Most of my hiking is done on steep slopes with razor- sharp rocks that will tear a lesser boot to shreds in no time.
The abrasion-resistant rubber outsole on these Rocky Boots really stands up to serious abuse. After a break-in period, the boots get nice and comfortable. They provide great support and are stiff enough to keep you from turning your ankles, yet soft and light enough to let you work or hike all day. Most of the time it is hot, but we also get some cold days. These Rocky Boots are not insulated but keep my feet warm enough on the cold days, and not too hot on the hot ones. More important, my feet stay dry when it is raining hard, and I am walking through the mud.
We have some nasty venomous snakes where I live. These 8-inch Rocky boots give me good protection around the barns and woodpiles. The nylon upper cleans up easily, and the high-quality leather shines up well when you want to go into town. I don’t expect to need to buy another boot for quite a few years. All things considered, the Rocky 8″ Fort Hood Waterproof Boots are a great value.
- Solid boot that won’t break the bank
- Plenty of traction
- SWAT Abrasion-resistant rubber outsole
- Guaranteed Waterproof
- 1000 denier Nylon upper is tough and abrasion resistant
- Durable construction
- Full grain leather
- Padded collar for better comfort
- Not insulated (better for warm weather)
- Pretty stiff and will require a break-in period
- Eight-inch height without a side zip means it takes time to put them on and off
- Composite (not steel toe)
- Sole is not replaceable
- D-Rings make for faster lacing but also wear the laces out more quickly
- Some people say these boots are not a good choice for those with wide feet
- Leather scuffs easily but can be polished nicely
- Non-metallic stabilizer but the metal eyelets will set off the airport detectors
If you’re in search of a lightweight boot, the Rocky 8″ Fort Hood Waterproof Boot is a good one to consider.